Thursday, May 19, 2016

Party Time!

The second I heard Doodlebug call for me, I walked into his room and serenaded him with Happy Birthday! Not that he knew what it meant but he smiled real big.

The day continued on as it normally does; eat breakfast, get dressed, and take The Lime to school. Only Doodlebug had an awesome birthday sign to keep him entertained at breakfast. "Rubba! Skye! Dee! Dee! (Dee is everyone else that he can't pronounce)" he'd say over and over again. I might have to keep the sign and hang it next to his crib or something.


After we dropped The Lime off, we baby-sat some friends, ran errands, and ate lunch. Then it was time to pick The Lime up and I finished Doodlebug's cake while he napped. He was nice and refreshed after several hours of sleep so we played outside, even though it was HOT. When LaVor got home, he asked why us crazies were outside. It's just what we do.



Even though it wasn't a watering day, LaVor took full advantage of the heat and played in the water with the boys. Nobody took showers last night so it all evens out, in case you wanted to report us for wasting water.




Doodlebug has lots of LaVor's qualities but when it comes to being sprayed with water, his reaction is very similar to mine.



After everyone dried off and changed, we called grandparents and Doodlebug opened their presents.



He scored in the Paw Patrol department and has been on cloud 9 ever since. I'm just glad he has toys to play with so he isn't asking me to watch doggies all.day.long.

On a side note, The Lime had a hard time not getting the attention or presents (even though my mom sent him something). He was joking in this picture but it depicts his attitude throughout the evening perfectly.


After the grandparents' gifts were opened, we went to dinner where we waited and waited and waited for our food. The new toys were put to great use, especially when they weren't being fought over.

We headed back home to finish the gift opening and enjoy birthday cake!






We lost Doodlebug's water bottle during our most recent trip to Utah and he's been going crazy ever since. The Lime has one and Doodlebug couldn't figure out why he didn't always have water with him.

He's also been wearing The Lime's old A's hat so LaVor really wanted to get him his own. And I must say, he's dang cute in it.

And lastly, he loves to do puzzles on the iPad so we got him some actual puzzles, to help cut down on the screen time.

For The Lime's 2nd birthday, we resorted to buying an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins because I had to work that day. I've felt bad ever since so I think that's why I made an extra special effort to make Doodlebug's cake just what he wanted.


I've been looking back at birth and 1st birthday pictures of Doodlebug and I can't believe we're done celebrating his 2nd. Time just zips on by whether we like it or not.

No comments: