I am writing this post solely for our family's history. I don't ever want to forget the blessings we've received over the last few weeks.
Last year, we were given a gift that made Christmas possible. My goal back in January was to set aside a little bit of money each month, for this year, so that we'd have enough saved by Christmas to purchase gifts. I'm horrible at saving and didn't get around to setting aside even a single penny. Combine that with a slight pay cut and I was getting a little nervous as to how things would pan out.
To earn a little money here and there, I complete surveys online. I earn points that I can then trade in for cash or gift cards. I received a surge in surveys over the last few months that allowed me to earn some extra money just in time for Christmas. But it still wasn't enough.
I should mention that I know the true meaning of Christmas isn't about buying gifts. And I wish I did a better job teaching my kids this. But can we please be honest and say that a 6 and 2 year old would be extremely sad if they woke up Christmas morning without any gifts?
Since October, I've been doing some work for my dad at his rental. It's worked well with my schedule and, once again, gave us some extra money just in time for Christmas.
Almost two weeks ago, I was reading a bedtime story to the boys in their room when we heard a knock at the door. "Who the heck is knocking on our door at 9:00?!" was my first thought. I opened the door to find an envelope with our name on it. I opened it up to find this note along with some cash. I instantly erupted in tears and couldn't believe it was happening to us. This is stuff you watch in movies or read in the Ensign but it doesn't really happen.
LaVor and I threw names around all night, trying to figure out who could have done it. We still don't know and it really doesn't matter. We are just so grateful and humbled by the generosity of others. Our prayers were answered and someone was extremely in-tune with the Spirit to know what we needed.
Last Friday, we received a large amount of consistent rain and the roads were slippery. LaVor was in a minor car accident on the way home but the only damage sustained to anybody or anything was the other persons mirror was knocked off.
After being home for a short time, he had to leave again. About 10 minutes after he left, he calls me and says, "I almost died." Not exactly the phone call you want to receive, especially after you got a text letting you know about a car accident an hour prior.
He was at a stop sign, getting ready to go, when a car was coming towards him but wasn't slowing down in the slightest. For whatever reason, she didn't T-bone him but rather missed him by inches.
I don't know what we've done to deserve all these tender mercies and HUGE blessings but I do know that Heavenly Father is aware of us, every second of every day. He knows everything we're going through and will always provide a way.
This has been a year of trials but also a year of growth, and Christmas miracles.
Thursday, December 29, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment