The Lime, and the rest of the first graders, have been practicing for the past month getting ready for their American Symbols play.
The Lime's class represented the eagles and, by golly, they were pretty darn cute.
Only a few kids per class got a part to say and The Lime was chosen to recite, "I saw a great seal balance a ball on its nose at Sea World once." He memorized the heck out of it and did a great job when it came time to perform.
| The Lime is the black eagle :) |
After the kids recited their parts, each class sang a song pertaining to their symbol. I didn't record the Liberty Bell's song (since my kid wasn't in that class) but it was pretty cute. In fact, all the songs were pretty dang cute.
I thought I was recording the kids when they sang "You're a Grand Old Flag" but it turns out I pressed record when I was done. Thank goodness they performed it a second time so I got a chance to re-record it!
Doodlebug was anxious to see The Lime after the performance and The Lime was anxious to take a picture with his buddy, Jordan.
Trying to get a picture of 25 first graders is quite the task. Trying to get a picture of 25 eagles is just as difficult :)
No comments:
Post a Comment