This is what I get for waiting 6 weeks before posting about Doodlebug's party...I can't remember anything!
I do know we were able to baby-sit his little friends that morning so he was in hog heaven from 9-11. And he has a sticker from Doodlebug's shirt in all the pictures but I can't remember why we were there.
I think we might have had quesadillas for dinner since those are his favorite. But I do remember what we did that night because I took pictures :)
He really wanted a "Me May Mas" (PJ Mask) birthday so that's what he got. LaVor snagged some balloons the night before and his little friends bought some more over that morning. They're still flying high, tied to our closet door in the hallway. If you don't buy your balloons from the Dollar Store, you need to. I swear there are steroids in the helium or something.
Doodlebug scored a Paw Patrol tank top/t-shirt set, a new book, Everest & Rider from Paw Patrol, a bubble machine (that I've since dropped and broke), and Mr. Potato Head. I don't know why it took me 7.5 years to buy a Mr. Potato Head for one of our kids but it's been a hit!
I made him a cake that didn't turn out as cute as I had hoped but I ran out of time. He still loved the look of it but apparently not the taste. He only had a couple bites and after it sat in the fridge for 4 days, I had to throw it away. He nearly melted into a puddle on the ground when he saw his cake in the garbage. He's still talking about it :)
We sang happy birthday and he had a hard time blowing out the candles (I had a video that I thought I uploaded but now I can't find it) but eventually got it after several tries.
We loved celebrating our Doodlebug and have enjoyed him talking about his birthday ever since.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment