I didn't feel too guilty about baby-sitting on Doodlebug's birthday because I knew we'd be having fun the following day.
All of the first grade classes at The Lime's school had been learning about animals. We knew at the beginning of the year that there'd be a field trip to the zoo so when the time came to go, we were really excited!
LaVor was able to take the day off of work so he took Doodlebug around while I stayed with The Lime's class. It worked out perfectly!
Things were starting to heat up in our area and, much to our dismay, we could only find one water fountain in the entire zoo (at the entrance). I had The Lime's water bottle and the other chaperone had one for her son but all the other kids were dying of hunger and thirst. It was a long, but fun, 45 minutes :)
We saw flamingos, birds, giraffes, red pandas, zebras, an aardvark, a lion, reptiles, and the zoo vet performing surgery on a snake.
The times I ran into Doodlebug, he was eating ice cream and riding the carousel. It appeared he was enjoying himself!
After exploring the entire zoo, it was time to walk a little ways to lunch and before we knew it, it was time to head home.
It was a great way to celebrate Doodlebug's birthday and a great place for a final field trip.
Wednesday, July 5, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment