Friday, May 18, 2018

Doodlebug - Tally Mark 48 - Part 1

Dear RieRie,

You have been waiting for this day almost as long as we waited for you! And you made it...you're 4 years old!

This is the year that you become a big boy; you don't wear diapers anymore (except Pull-Ups at night but they're usually dry when you wake up), you started Primary, you can brush your teeth by yourself, you try really hard to buckle your seatbelt by yourself but sometimes need help, and we're getting you to walk more because big boys don't always need Mommy to hold them :) We're also getting you to work on the crying and whining. You tend to cry about EVERYTHING and while it's okay to cry, we don't need to break down every.single.time. something doesn't go our way.

You have lots of best friends and none of them are your immediate family members. Ha! But rather Great Grams & Great Papa, Sister Boden, Eli, McKayla, Natalie, Sophie, and Baby Lilly. You are extremely shy around people you don't know but you go 100 miles/minute around those you love.

Speaking of love, you LOVE babies! Having Baby Lilly in our home and seeing how sweet you are with her, and all babies, has warmed my heart. You share your toys with her, beg to hold her, talk gently to her, and do whatever you can to make her happy. If we ever have another baby, you're going to make the perfect big brother.

But you're still the little brother and you and your big bro fight...A LOT. I sometimes feel like I have twins because what I do for one, I have to do for the other. But you look up to him so much. You can't wait to go to his school, you can't wait to play baseball, you are anxious to pick him up from school each day, and you're always following him around (which may be the reason for the fighting). But I love how much you love him and I hope you always look up to him.

Can I tell you one of the things I love most about you? You love Coldplay! I love driving in the car with you and when we hear Coldplay, you yell at me to turn the radio up. You're also an awesome dancer that can't control his moves when you hear the perfect song. Dance parties are sweeter when you're involved and I can't wait to chaperone your youth dances in 10 years!

You give the best hugs and apparently needed one really bad the other day because it was quite possibly the tightest, most loving hug I've ever received from anyone. We've been getting ready to move and you haven't been getting the attention you need or want so I was more than willing to squeeze you until you eeeekkkked. Feel free to give me those hugs anytime!

You're a rebel at home but when we're in public or with other people, you like to follow the rules and make sure everyone else is following the rules too. You give us the weekly report on who was naughty in Sunbeams, you yell at Natalie to stop on the corner so she doesn't cross the street without us, you encourage McKayla to stay where her mommy can see her at baseball, and you keep tabs on The Lime when he's doing something he shouldn't be. I appreciate that you're obedient with other people, like your Primary teacher, and that I can take you out without worrying about what might happen. You've come with me to The Lime's school on several occasions (music, parties) and you're perfectly content with playing with the classroom toys or puzzles. I've overheard other parents say their kids would never behave the way you do. You can misbehave at home anytime as long as you're good in public :)

This is my last year with you at home before you start Kindergarten and I promise to savor every second. Promise me you'll always be my RieRie!

Enjoy your day, silly boy!

Love,

Mommy






No comments: