At work, I see, hear, and experience several interesting things a day. One of which is...people do not know how to address a postcard.
We get teenagers, engineers, grown men and women who either don't address the card at all or who manage to fill it out COMPLETELY wrong.
Did I go to a special school that taught me more than I needed? Do people think that we don't use the US postal system anymore? Why would anyone just put their address on the card and not include their name? How is someone supposed to know who it's for?
If anyone can answer these questions for me, please do so. In the meantime, this is how one would address a postcard:
Line 1: Name
Line 2: Street Address
Line 3: City, State Zip Code
I have thought of posting an "example" next to the postcards at work but I'm not sure if that would be more insulting than helpful.
Thursday, May 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, that kills me. I vote to put the sign up because even if it seems insulting, it'll save more people the embarassment!
It's so sad that some people just don't get things! You seriously do wonder where they went to school. Too funny!
Post a Comment