Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Passionately Pink!

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and I'm SO excited to get the word out and help in any way I can to end the fight.

A woman who has treated me like one of her daughters was diagnosed yesterday with stage 3 breast cancer. As most of you know by my posts regarding the breast cancer walk in July, until this point, I hadn't had anyone close to me have to face the challenges this disease brings. She's strong, her family is strong and her faith is unbreakable. I know she'll come out on top. LaVor's mom made a moving statement to me tonight. She said, "If she's as special as she sounds, perhaps Heavenly Father wants to bring her home".

My sisters, Mom and I have marked October 18th as our day to help end this disease. I invite you to visit the link The Jibbley Girls and pass the word around. We really want to try and get as many people involved as we can. The more people that know about the cause, the closer we are to finding a cure.

We look forward to seeing you on October 18th!


No comments: