Sunday, January 11, 2009

Thanks For The Example

As I was sitting on the stand at church today, waiting to give my talk (thank goodness that's over), I noticed how many couples don't sit together.

Growing up, my parents always sat next to each other yet still had all 5 of us under control. They decided early on in their marriage that they'd always sit next to each other, whether it be at church, at the dinner table, at a school performance or sporting event.

So I've decided, as of January 11, 2009, that I am always going to sit next to LaVor, wherever we may be.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Amen to that, I am telling Ryan right now--ever since Kian came along we spread out on a whole bench and I can barely get his attention from where I am sitting.

Washington Family said...

That's an easy one Jes and I always sit together. If I allow one of the girls to sit in between us I get a strange look and I quickly fix it. Also our bishop told us all to sit next to our spouses last January most the ward had to get up to make the bishop happy. Then they had to continue doing it through out the year.

Catherine said...

So true! On Sunday we left a gap in between Wes and I so that Jake wouldn't "get away" on either side. Halfway through, that gap was still there and Jake wasn't occupying it. I looked at wes and kept showing him the major gap - but he didn't ever come closer... :( I tend to get a little jealous when Jake always gets to sit next to Wes... we're working on it!