Friday, April 9, 2010

HMB

With the weather being so lovely and me not having to watch the kiddos yesterday, we took my Mom up on her invitation and joined her and Omi on their trip to Half Moon Bay.

Now, I've driven through Half Moon Bay and went to a Youth Conference there but never actually walked around Downtown or visited the beach. Instead of taking 92 all the way, we went up 101 and crossed over to the coast so we could drive through Pacifica. I had never been on Devil's Slide...a little scary. I couldn't imagine driving on it in the rain. We reminisced about Daddy MooMoo and the time he had to get out of the car and walk along the yellow line while MooMoo drove next to him since the fog was so bad. We also talked a while about Omi's time up in Fort Bragg. I miss that place.

We arrived in Half Moon Bay and went straight to lunch at a yummy bakery. We then walked/rolled along Downtown and found an adorable baby clothing store. Unfortunately, I can't justify paying over $30 for a shirt. Sorry, Lime. We finished the day by heading to the beach...or at least to an area where we could see the ocean for a few pictures. Turns out the Ritz Carlton was just up the road from us. Fancy Shmancy, if I do say so myself.

Don't pay any attention to my hair. I didn't "do" it since I knew it'd be windy but now I regret it. Some things you should just do and my hair is one of them

2 comments:

Alex McMurray said...

I've never been to Half Moon Bay, but I looked up its history after reading your post. There is an Art and Pumpkin Festival in October that might be fun to check out. It also has the most bookstores, per capita, in the US. And ... HMB recently got voted as having the #1view of the Bay Area found at its Crab Landing Seafood and Steak House. Looks like you had fun!

Kimberly said...

Mom and I talked about possibly going back in the Fall for the festival and we did see several bookstores.