Saturday, April 24, 2010

Zip-a-dee-ay and heigh-dee-ho

95 years ago today, my Opa was born.

I'm pleased that my Mom and I have made it a tradition to visit his grave on this special day. Omi & The Lime even joined us this year. I was glad Omi decided to go, even though she and Opa divorced when my Mom was a young girl.


We were actually prepared this time, rather than scrounging for something to place on his headstone. Wait...were were almost prepared. We thought he had a vase where we could place the flowers. He didn't. So we made a vase out of a water bottle and dug a hole in the mud with a screw driver. I reassured him that we weren't trying to dig him up.

1 comment:

Alex McMurray said...

So nice. I remember going there with Mom a long time ago. I I'll have to go next year.