Sunday, September 26, 2010

Plus One, Minus One...We're Even

(Photo by Mark Mabry)

For the first time since The Lime was born, we set out to go to the Temple. We got up early yesterday, got ready, dropped The Lime off at LaVor's mom's house and were on our way. We were hoping to make the 11 o'clock session and were cutting it close. We practically ran up to the Temple doors to find a sign...

"Last session will be at 10:00. Temple will be closed on October 2."

Seriously?!?!

LaVor suggested going inside and asking the gentleman at the counter if we were really too late but I was too embarrassed.

We walked back to our car with some other members that also missed the session. We joked that we should get a +1 for attempting to go to the Temple. The woman then said, "But...we did have the 6:00, 7:00, 8:00, 9:00 or 10:00 session to attend." Oh dang. True. So that'll put us at an even 0.

We were baby free and were planning on being gone for a couple hours so we headed to the Visitor's Center to check out the "Reflections of Christ" exhibit.

The picture above was one of the first ones we noticed. It was LaVor's favorite. He loved their expressions and could feel the love and excitement they had for each other. Their joy was contagious.

There was a grandmother, holding her fairly new granddaughter, also enjoying the exhibit. She would read each description and scripture to the baby. I could only imagine what the sweet girl was thinking. She was just with Christ and at that moment, knew him better than anyone else in the room.

We didn't waste our time but will certainly check the Temple schedule before we make the next trip.

2 comments:

Washington Family said...

The picture above IS wonderful! Thanks for sharing, I LOVE reading your updates Kim. Also I say you get a +1 for sure. He knows what's in your heart. ;)

Unknown said...

So, I occasionally read your blog, and I'm glad I did today! I know how hard it can be to get to the temple with little ones, so when the temple opens again, can I please watch the lime while you go? Just pick a date!!