I'm in love with the fact that LaVor has returned home after almost 2 weeks away. Normally, his "business trips" take him around the state but this one took him across the world. Who thought he'd ever have the chance to go to Saudi Arabia? Not us.
Our brother-in-law has mentioned how bad the sandstorms can be in the Middle East. Not to mention the heat. When I pulled out LaVor's work clothes to wash, I couldn't believe how much dust was on them. I imagine he felt the same way I did at Girls Camp. The second you walk out of the shower, you feel dirty again.
He was busy working most of the day so by the time he got back to his hotel, it would be after 8 o'clock at night. He didn't have anyone else staying with him, therefore, he didn't feel 100% comfortable leaving his hotel room to grab a bite to eat (no restaurant at the hotel). Based on the "view" from his room, I'd opt for staying inside, too.
LaVor could only say nice things about the men he worked with. He said everyone was so pleasant and would constantly ask if he needed anything. They even asked him if it was okay to go off and say their daily prayers! He said there aren't many native Saudi's that do his line of work. A lot of them were from surrounding countries since they make more in Saudi Arabia than in their homeland.
The man coordinating the trip was kind enough to arrange a 3 day "layover" in Switzerland, so LaVor could visit with his brother and family.
When we were there 3 years ago (already?!?!), we didn't get a chance to visit Colmar, France. After hearing about the AMAZING pastries they enjoyed, I would have loved to devour with them! LaVor was so grateful for the time he was able to spend with everyone. He just couldn't believe how big the kids have gotten.
Another reason I'm in love? My sweetheart brought me home my favorite thing in the world.
He also brought back a darling bag for me and a wooden airplane for The Lime. The Lime makes the perfect airplane noise while he plays with it.
The last reason I'm in love? My two boys were reunited. From the monitor in the terminal, we could see LaVor coming out of customs. As soon as we saw him, The Lime got super excited! I'm sure we broke some TSA laws but The Lime ran through the barrier to give LaVor a hug. I cried. I think LaVor did too.
We're so happy to be together again. There's really nothing better than family.
1 comment:
I loved your post and also the sandals the dude was wearing. )I imagine that would hurt if he dropped equipment on his toe.)
I'm glad LaVor brought some treat back for you. I had some yesterday and was thinking of you :)
Post a Comment