On Friday night, at the concert, we were talking about it and my sister mentioned she had a membership, received free parking and was allowed 1 guest. Perfect!
We got up this morning, I quickly got my hair cut and while on my way home, called my sister to set up a time to meet. As soon as I walked in the door, LaVor told me his work had called and he needed to go in. Shoot! We missed him but still had lots of fun.
The adventures began in the parking lot, while we were getting the babies situated. There was an empty parking spot right next to us, which we were taking up with strollers, etc.. An older man and his wife, in their BMW, decided they wanted that spot EVEN THOUGH there were several other spaces available. After waiting MAYBE 2 minutes, the man honked at us which got our blood boiling! I threw my hand in the air and said, "You need to wait!" I've never acted like that to strangers before! I think giving birth gives you a new sense of confidence. We finished up and moved to the back of our car so he could pull in. As he passed me, with his window rolled down and a nasty smirk on his face, I asked if he had kids? Still smiling, he said, "No." I replied with, "Well then you have NO clue how long it takes to get a baby out of the car and set up in their stroller! And DON'T hit my car!" It was my sister's car but he didn't know. I still can't believe that he honked at us to hurry up.
We started out with the flamingos which I think everyone does since they're right in front.
The Lime watching the tortoise.
And The Lime being the tortoise.
Waving to the nasty warthog that walked funny and had awful plug-like hair follicles.
The Lime's signature "look". A scrunched up nose and squinty eyes.
Shortly after seeing this monkey, The Lime lost a shoe. After back tracking for 30 minutes and pleading with Heavenly Father to help me find it (because you can't seem to find affordable brown sandals for boys in stores!), I spotted it sitting on top of a sign, asking people to be quiet because the animals are sensitive to noise.
To finish the day, my sister got a quick bite to eat before we headed home. Her baby was asleep and wakes up if my sister sits while wearing the carrier. She didn't appreciate me taking a picture of her standing while eating and she certainly won't appreciate that I'm posting it.
2 comments:
I totally agree that giving birth does give you a great deal of confidence. I would probably have done the same thing...except I probably wouldn't have been as kind as you. It reminds me of the nasty old couple on my flight with Lula...the one where she screamed the entire time. They kept making comments and giving me looks...I could just tell they didn't have kids. Anyone with kids was looking at me with sympathy and many offered to help.
This is funny in so many ways! But that story about the honking...just makes my blood boil. You know I'm not one for confrontation, but if it's about my kids, watch out! I loved that Dieter was waving at the animals. And amen to the sandal issue! I bought 2 pairs in 2 sizes when I found some at a reasonable price since I KNEW I wouldn't be able to find anything else decent again. Unless I was okay with him wearing Diego...
Post a Comment