Thursday, October 13, 2011

Letting Go

For the most part, I feel like I'm a good person and that I do what I'm supposed to.  I go to church each Sunday, try my best at my calling, visit teach my sisters, read my scriptures, pray, pay my tithing.  Yet, after watching Conference, I always feel like, "Oh geez!  I should be doing 100x better!"

I made it to my parents' house, after dropping LaVor off at the airport, just in time for President Monson's talk on Sunday morning.

I'm not a note taker but something stood out to me that I didn't even need to write down.  It was permanently embedded in my mind.

"It is essential that we reject anything that does not conform to our standards, refusing in the process to surrender that which we desire most: eternal life in the kingdom of God."

You mean I shouldn't be watching The Real Housewives anymore?

Each time I watched the show, I knew it wasn't something I should be doing.  So...after many years of being extremely addicted to that "garbage" (as LaVor likes to put it), I've deleted all of my timers and am not catching up with any re-runs.

I'm letting go.

My two favorite casts;New York and Orange County.  Adios, ladies!

No comments: