Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Grateful for...A

A = Alone time

The Lime had another rough night last night (previous rough night was 2 weeks ago).  He went to bed about an hour later than scheduled and had a late night the night before.  2 late nights must equal 1 bad night.

We put him to bed around 9 and he howled for about 15 minutes before LaVor went in to get him.  I was finishing up the dishes and heard, "He wants you!"

I went into The Lime's room and he was doing that "I'm gasping for air because I was crying so hard" thing.  He was clearly tired but didn't want to go to bed.

We sat in the rocking chair, like we did 21 months ago, and we rocked for a half hour.

He was dazed enough that I could put him into his bed but he popped up, looking for me.  I laid on the floor next to him, and we held hands through his crib until he fell asleep.

I remember being little (as in like 8 years old) and my mom rocking me in our rocking chair.  She'd always comment on how my whole body once fit within the two armrests.  I had the same thought about The Lime last night.  His lanky legs dangled across the arm of the chair while his head rested on the other arm.

How I miss the alone time we used to have, where we could snuggle and rock, into the wee hours.

No comments: