Last year, after The Lime got his bike, we spent a lot of time outside. We got to know our mailman quite well (maybe a little too well) but I also noticed something different.
Growing up, I remember two of our mailmen: Eddie and...the other guy. We would leave gifts for Eddie in our mailbox and then peek out the window to see his reaction.
When I first started my current job, our mailman was Ron. A sweet man who would stop and chat with us every day. He made scrumptious garlic peanuts. Then his route was switched and we haven't seen him in years.
Our normal guy at home, Josh, wasn't delivering today. The Lime and I were leaving when the mail was delivered. The man handed me my junk, walked back to the truck, drove two houses down, delivered their mail and the neighbor's, got back in his truck, drove to the next two houses, and did the same thing throughout the neighborhood.
Back in the good old days, our mailman would park his truck around the corner and walk around the entire neighborhood, with an enormous pile of mail in his arms. Do these kind not exist anymore? Is this why the postage is increasing but they just blame it on us?
I'm curious...what kind of post person do you have? A walker or a driver?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment