Thursday, May 15, 2014

Let's Bowl

Grease 2 is one of my favorite movies and I can't go bowling without singing "Let's bowl, let's bowl, let's rock-n-roll!"

I "like" our local bowling alley on Facebook and saw a post a few weeks ago that they were doing free bowling during the summer for kids. I immediately signed The Lime up and got an e-mail with coupons within minutes. When I saw how hot it was going to be this week, I thought it would be the perfect time to put them to use.

It must have been a combination of me not knowing what to do and the boy working the desk not knowing what to do, because it took about 15 minutes for us to get situated and for the game to start. Bless the experienced woman next to us that took matters into her own hands and got us moving.

Since the belly is too big to bowl, my mom was The Lime's competition. It might have been because of the bumpers, but The Lime won both games.

First & Second
Although he had the lightest ball available, it was still a smidge too heavy and he got creative with his technique.  He narrowed it down to throwing it overhand while sliding on his bum.  The lady next to us guessed that he was a baseball player.


They played two games and I think it was a bit too much for him.  He was getting antsy to go home by the first few frames of the second game but he pushed through and did well.

The only thing that would have made his experience better was if I had forked out over 2 bucks for an ICEE.  

But that's what Fridays are for at AM/PM.  30 cents (tax included) for a small slurpee.

Another great way to stay cool during this heat wave.

No comments: