We are in our last (possible) week of being pregnant. I'm due on Saturday but according to a police officer we ran into this weekend, I look like I should have delivered a month ago.
My mom has been in town for the last week, which has eased a bunch of anxiety I was having about her not being here when the baby is born. She, The Lime, and I have been getting out of the house each day to help pass the time. Lots of trips to the park, baseball games, library visits, and mall runs.
We didn't have anything planned for today until about 11:00 when The Lime said he wanted to go to the Pirate Ship park. We brought his huge blue bouncy ball with us and played a game of "soccer" before attacking the playground. While it isn't the easiest to get around, I'm still feeling capable and I want to take advantage of every second I have left with just The Lime and I. We played fire station and spent a good amount of time talking on the swings.
Unfortunately, when we got home, his sassy mouth and lack of listening got him into trouble and he was sent to nap time early. I was feeling bad for getting upset at him and then a flood of emotion came over me. We talked about the situation and finished it off with a kiss and mutual "I love you". That's when I started crying and couldn't stop. "Why are you crying?" he asked. I told him I just loved him so much! Then his lower lip started to quiver and before I knew it, he was bawling. I asked him why he was crying and he said he didn't know. So we sat there, him on his bed and me on his floor, hugging each other and crying. We decided to talk about happy things so we'd stop and our conversation took us to doughnuts and toots, where The Lime said Doodlebug won't have a bottom or toot. I assured him that he would not be lacking in that department, especially since he's part of our family.
He's such a wild and crazy kid but I am grateful The Lime is also in tune with his feelings as well as those around him. Part of me can hardly wait to see how he steps up as big brother but the other part of me wants him to be my baby forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment