The Lime and I were at the grocery store yesterday when I remembered that he had mentioned wanting to have a lemonade stand. I asked him if he still wanted to do it and he exclaimed, "Yes!" So we bought all of the components for a successful stand.
He asked me if he could do the stand when he woke up from his nap but I suggested he wait until Saturday, when people are home from work and school and are driving around the neighborhood.
So that's what he did. After he ate his doughnuts and we got ready for the day, we setup shop outside and he transformed into a salesman. Within a minute of being outside, our neighbors were gathered around him, asking for multiple cups.
This fueled The Lime's fire and he begn shouting, "Lemolade! 50 cents!" over and over again. A few more neighbors came by and before we knew it, his pitcher was empty.
Our neighbor across the street came by with his daughter and bought a couple cups. As they were leaving, The Lime said, "Make sure you come back!" They heeded his suggestion. The whole family came back and as we chatted with the parents, the daughters ended up buying the entire second batch.
Unfortunately, we were out of sugar so we had to call it quits. But he made $14 and loved every minute of it. We're talking about selling Otter Pops next time...that is if The Lime doesn't eat them all beforehand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment