Sunday, September 25, 2011

Aloha!

 a·lo·ha

1. hello; greetings.
2. farewell.

I was at Target a few weeks ago when LaVor called me to tell me the Bishopric would be coming to our house the following day to talk to me.  That only means 1 thing...a new calling.

Let me take you back 2 years.  Remember this post?  I was NOT looking forward to my new calling as the Primary Chorister.  Everyone told me how much fun it was and how I'd love every second of it.  I waited a LONG time to get to that point, but I can honestly say, I did end up loving it, for the most part.

As my last singing time, I took the kids on a "trip" (we took a 3 second airplane ride, I wrapped a piece of Hawaiian fabric around my waist and hung a shell lei around my neck) to Hawaii.  They all, thankfully, knew that Aloha was a way to say, "Hello" and "Goodbye".  And since that's what I was doing, it worked perfectly.  Aloha to the Primary Chorister and Aloha to the 1st Counselor in the Primary.

I've been wanting to teach the kids, "We'll Bring the World His Truth" since I got put into Primary but never got around to it.  So as my last wish, I had the Senior Primary sing it and I didn't last but 2 seconds before I began bawling like a baby.  The link is NOTHING compared to how my kids sang it.  There wasn't a dry adult eye in the room.

I can remember, being maybe 3 or 4, and singing that song during a Family Home Evening, and crying.  It's always been a song that can yank at my heart and last week was no exception.

The children in our ward are great kids and I'm blessed to still have the opportunity to work with them.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Awe, CONGRATS!! They will LOVE you for Sharing time now!! How wonderful!!