Friday, June 15, 2012

Another Visit

My dad woke me up on Tuesday, asking if I got his e-mail he sent late the night before.

"Nope," I said, trying to mask my "just woke up" voice.

He said that he and my sister were planning to go visit my Grandma and was extending the invitation to The Lime and me.  LaVor was working in Pacifica that day and said if he got off early enough, we could come out and meet him.  So I told my dad we had other plans but thanks for thinking of us.

Then he told me Grandma was diagnosed with congenital heart failure.  I felt guilty the rest of the morning, that I had declined the offer to go visit her.  When LaVor called me at 10:00 and said we probably wouldn't be able to meet up and that I should go visit Grandma, I agreed.  45 minutes later, The Lime and I were on the road to Grandma's house...again.

We were hoping to take her out to lunch but when we arrived, we found out she had just eaten.  So we spent the next 4 hours in the lobby, chatting it up with the old ladies.  I'm shocked The Lime wasn't scooped up and stuffed into someone's purse...they were eating him alive.  "Shirley...did you see this little boy?!"  "Martha, is he yours?"  "Betty, isn't he so cute?"


Thank goodness for Grandma's Cadillac (walker) and her keys, which kept The Lime entertained for almost the entire time.  I seriously have no clue who that child was.  He can't be entertained by anything for that long but I swear the heavens opened and I witnessed a miracle.


Just as we were getting ready to leave, my dad, sister, and her family arrived to take Grandma out for dinner.  It wouldn't be a family gathering for us without taking pictures...a ton of pictures.

 



Another great day with Grandma!

No comments: