The most extreme case was when I was in the 7th grade, practicing on the basketball courts with the Marching Band. Our teacher had us at a ten-hut for way too long and I locked my knees, which sent me crashing to the ground. I remember my vision closing in and everything turning black. Then I woke up to a crowd around me, including the mean teacher that kept us there too long (and who had the WORST sweat stains under his armpits. I'm talking bright yellow, permanently embedded...ugh!). I was so embarrassed when it happened but felt extremely loved the next day, when everyone checked in to see if I was okay.
I've also been on the verge of passing out in the Splash Mountain line at Disneyland, passed out in the bathroom and fell in between the toilet and tub which gave me the gnarliest bruise on my jawline. In fact, the bathroom is the source of most of my passing out episodes. The hot water is the suspect, I believe.
And it appears that The Lime is following in my footsteps.
We were leaving a friend's house last night, when The Lime tried hopping from the backseat to the driver's seat in the car. I was already in the passenger seat so I whipped my arm across and grabbed him before he could hop over the console. His car seat is directly behind my seat so with the little arm strength I have, I plopped him in his spot and we think he sat on his buckle. He instantly started crying but quickly did the "I'm holding my breath and turning purple" routine. My nephew used to do this and if we blew in his face, he'd gasp and return to his normal color. The Lime didn't gasp and LaVor realized something was wrong. He grabbed him out of his seat and The Lime instantly went limp. LaVor jumped out of the car and yelled that he wasn't conscious and by the time I yelled, "WHAT?!" The Lime woke up. Those mere seconds felt like an eternity that scared the snot out of us. I can only think of a few times that I was so scared I shook, and this now falls into that category.
The Lime got to do whatever his little heart desired for the rest of the night. Taco Bell for dinner? Sure! Stay up 'til 10? Why not!
I now vow to make sure his seat belt buckle is out of the way before I put The Lime in his car seat.
![]() |
| And for laughs...my band picture. I'm the 3rd in from the right in the front row (also the only white girl). |

No comments:
Post a Comment