Monday, June 4, 2012

Brought to Tears

My niece had her dance recital on Saturday night and did an A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. job!  Boy, can that girl dance!

One of the (42) numbers was performed by two young girls with disabilities; one having Down syndrome.

She instantly reminded me of a girl in Zac's class, where I was a T.A. my Senior year of high school.  Michelle was a spunky little fire cracker that gave the best hugs! 


Watching the little girl dance brought me to tears...lots of tears!  Although trying to be discrete while wiping the gazillion tears away, I know it was quite obvious that I was crying.  I'm sure my brother-in-law, who was sitting next to me, was wondering what in the heck was going on.

It certainly wasn't the "Lady Gaga" song that brought me to tears, although we agreed that was a poor choice in music.

Just the great memories I have of serving in Zac's class, and especially getting to know Michelle and her sweet spirit, is what got to me.  That was a special time in my life that I will treasure always.

No comments: