Friday, September 7, 2012

The 3-Day

I always know the seasons are changing when the Susan G. Komen 3-Day comes around. It's hard to believe that the Avon walk was two months ago and in two days, the 3-day will be over, too!

My sister has worked her bum off this year to reach (and surpass) her goal of raising $2300. The walk is worth it in the first place, but when you really have to earn your money, it makes it that much sweeter.

My parents joined The Lime and I as we traveled across the bay to cheer Kari, Lori, and Cathy on.

The Lime decided to start the festivities early on and draw on his face with markers, about two minutes before we were ready to walk out the door. He was p.r.e.t.t.y. proud of himself.


The weather could not have been more perfect! The sky was crystal clear and the sun was just warm enough but not hot where it could interfere with the walkers' experience.


As we drove to meet my parents, we had to pass my sister's house. The Lime had a hard time understanding why we were driving by and not stopping. He kept asking where Auntie was and I had to remind him we were going to cheer her on as she walked. We tried practicing, "Go Auntie! Go!" but he got a little shy in front of the other ladies.


We spent a few minutes taking lots of pictures with everyone before Kari, Lori, and Cathy went to enjoy their lunch and complete the remaining 8 miles of the day.


On our way out of the area, we stopped off for lunch. Except that The Lime hardly ate his but he did take a good picture of Omi. I probably shouldn't let him touch our camera and he might be the reason why I've been getting error messages on it. But he loves doing it and he is pretty proud of himself when he does. So as long as he continues to take cute pictures, I don't think I'll stop him.


I'm so proud of Kari and can't wait to hear how the rest of her weekend (40 more miles!) went!

No comments: