There's been a lot happening in the sky around here in the last couple of weeks.
On my way to work one morning, I was taken back by the beautiful sunrise that was hiding behind some clouds. I was annoyed that I had my camera with me the day before but had taken it into the house (for safe keeping). Surprisingly, my little phone did a decent job.
Then last week, The Lime and I were outside, while he enjoyed his popsicle, and I noticed the sky changing. I quickly ran inside to get the camera and by the time I was back outside, it had drastically changed. The colors were richer and more vibrant and we "oohed" and "ahhed" while I clicked away.
Last night, while I was making dinner, we heard a jet fly over our house. About ten minutes later, we heard it again. This time, we ran outside to see it and discovered there were two jets. Although they were far away, they sounded like they were in our backyard...so loud! The Lime and I watched them over and over again as they prepared to do a flyover for the Raiders opening game.
Eleven years ago, things in the sky changed. After September 11, when I saw a plane, I would mentally prepare myself for it to crash. Our old house was below the final descent for the Oakland airport so we had planes over us all the time. Paranoia struck and I was convinced we'd have a plane hit our home. I still have dreams (nightmares?) of horrific terrorist lead plane crashes in our area.
My thoughts and prayers are turned to those who were in the sky that day and lost their lives, as well as their families, and those that had to witness it firsthand. I hope the last are able to look up once in a while, and find something beautiful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment