We went to the A's game yesterday and had a rousing time!
We've only been to two day games since we've been together and both times were extremely uncomfortable. So I shyly suggested we forego our desire to sit as close to the dugout as possible, and enjoy the game in the shade this time. I'm glad LaVor agreed with me because it made the experience so much nicer! I didn't have to worry about re-applying sunscreen or my ranch dressing for my popcorn chicken going bad.
All three of us stood, two of us removed our hats, as we sang the National Anthem. I noticed another lady singing along, just like I do. Then I looked down and saw this...
As the song says, "O'er the land of the free..." so these people had every right to not stand and remove their hat to show respect. But boy, did it irk me!
The game started out slow for us, only scoring one run while the Mariners had four. After the 7th inning stretch, people started leaving and LaVor said, "It ain't over yet!" He was right.
We tied the game in the bottom of the 9th and won it in the bottom of the 10th. I loved that even though we didn't start the game with everyone standing, we finished with everyone on their feet. People were giving strangers high fives left and right, security guards were excited, the fans were on fire.
It reminded me when I went to the Coldplay concert and my sister and I were talking about the unity of a concert. Everyone checks their personal views at the door and for a couple hours, we are all united. Fun's "We Are Young" was just starting to become popular and I told her I could envision a crowd singing the chorus together and it gave me goosebumps. Almost a spiritual feeling, in fact. And it just so happened that "We Are Young" was the song that played in the coliseum as we were leaving the game.
We took a risk going to the day game since it would interrupt The Lime's nap but he was awesome (another nod to the shade). It didn't take him long to fall asleep once we got in the car, though. He was speaking jibberish one minute and I turned around the next, and he was out.
I'm hoping for another positive post after Wednesday's game!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment