Thursday, March 28, 2013

Batter Up!

Two weeks ago, when I picked the kids up at school, we headed over to the playground before heading home. Claire wanted to show The Lime the baseball field and he asked if we could play a game. I told him we didn't have our bats, balls, or gloves, but that I would bring them the following Thursday.

The kids reminded me on Tuesday and Wednesday to bring the goods on Thursday. As soon as they got out of class, they asked, "Are we going to play baseball?!". This Auntie does not disappoint.


Claire set everything up and marked the bases (since the actual bases were a little too far apart for little legs).

Grace wasn't too keen on hitting at first but enjoyed playing in the outfield, while posing with her glove.


Will is a lefty and wasn't quite sure how he should stand. It didn't take him long to find what felt comfortable and he was a hitting machine.


The Lime was anxious to play but had a delayed reaction when it came to hitting. His tongue was hanging out of his mouth the entire game.


After a few turns, everyone was ready for something new. We played tag at the playground and I must say, I am extremely out of shape. These little people are fast and I tried my best to catch them but had to take a couple breaks. I try to be an active adult on the playground rather than sitting on my bum, like most of the parents do. I just need to remember to tuck my arms, legs, and head in while playing on the structures.


We wound down on our way to the car, as the kids repeatedly went down the miniature mountain of dirt.


It's the simple things in life.

No comments: