Thursday, May 30, 2013

Change of Plans

Before getting pregnant with The Lime, I had everything planned out so that I would be early enough in my pregnancy to still participate in the Avon Walk.  Despite people shooting down my plan of execution, it all unfolded the way I had hoped.  

Since everything went my way the first time around, why would I second guess things the second time?  Ha!

After I finished the walk last year, I didn't register for this year because I was hoping we'd either have another little one in our family or I'd be huge with child.  After a year of trying, we've come to realize that The Lime is the only kiddo Heavenly Father has planned for our family right now.  While it makes me extremely sad, I have to accept that life isn't about what I want or what I think I need.  Someone knows better.  So my trust is in Him.

While vacuuming last night, it hit me that I need to do the walk again.  Rather than feeling sorry for myself (which I've totally been guilty of doing for months), I need to be serving others and be grateful for all of the wonderful blessings I've been given.  The walk accomplishes both of those things.

The walk is at the end of September this year which actually works out nicely.  It gives me almost four months to train and raise my money.  The fundraising will be harder this year, as I don't have my little spot to stand on with my sign and I don't think our new city is keen on people asking for money on street corners.  But really, when has the money stopped me?  It's always a rush to the end and it all works out.

It'll all work out.

No comments: