My parents have probably thousands of pictures that my dad has taken over the years. One of our favorite activities on Sunday afternoons was to go through the pictures and reminisce about old times.
One theme that my dad had going were sleeping photos. He had numerous shots of all the kids sleeping, most of the time with our mouths wide open. Something you want to have captured for your posterity to see. We couldn't figure out why Pop would take pictures of us sleeping, but now that I have a kid, I find myself doing the same thing.
I've wanted to do it for a while but just got around to loading all of our pictures into my Google account. Just like my dad, I have thousands! I finished clearing up our hard drive and the iPad this weekend and cleared out my phone today (such a good feeling to be organized!). I found several photos of The Lime zonked out.
 |
| Posing for the camera |
 |
| Holding hands with Baby |
 |
| Looks a little too peaceful |
 |
| You can never have too many blankets (I see five) |
 |
| Reach for the sky! |
 |
| Hanging out |
 |
| Looks like his mom |
 |
| Snuggling |
 |
| The Pledge of Allegiance backwards |
 |
| Poor thing had the stomach flu |
 |
| There is a Lime underneath those blankets |
 |
| Who doesn't like to be engulfed in their blankets? |
With the exception of the last two, you'll notice three things he has to always have when he sleeps; doggy nigh night, Baby, and an A's blanket. Unfortunately, the A's blankets are both extremely large and warm so he gets wrapped up in them, gets hot, starts to cough, and cries for 15 minutes. The things you do when you're a fan.
Now I anticipate, in twenty years, The Lime to ask me why I took so many pictures of him sleeping. And I won't have an answer, but I'll look forward to photos of my grandchildren doing the same thing.
___________________________________________________
I was looking through our photo albums and found this one of The Lime. He stayed with my parents last year while we were on our cruise. Sure enough, there are three sleeping photos that my dad took :o)
 |
| He looks EXACTLY like me when I was a baby |
No comments:
Post a Comment