Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Great Outdoors

It's become a weekly tradition that The Lime and I need to take something to LaVor at work.  My parents conveniently live in between our home and his work, so we've been paying them lots of visits.

Today was gorgeous and we spent about 95% of it outside. 

Last week when we were visiting, one of the cherry trees was just right and a lot of the fruit had already been picked by the birds.  The few cherries they hadn't touched were gobbled up by us.  My dad advised that we give the other tree about another week and it should be ready to enjoy.

I was a few days shy of a week but I couldn't resist picking because the tree was completely covered with bright red cherries.  I've always loved cherries but finally realized today why I love them.  They have got to be the cutest fruit!  Petite, round, shiny, gorgeous color, sweet.  I filled two bowls up and hardly made a dent.  They might be even more perfect if we go back later this week.


While I was busy collecting cherries, The Lime and my mom were clearing some weeds.  He was totally in his element with the dirt, shovel, rake, orange cone, and gloves.  If I was relaxed enough to let him play outside all day long, he'd be in heaven.  The remainder of our day was spent playing football (if you could call it that) and baseball and enjoying an Oreo milkshake in between.


Showing me a living worm.  He has a tender heart toward living creatures and has been heartbroken by all the dead worms we find in our neighborhood

I might have gotten a sunburn on the tops of my feet but it was worth it to enjoy a day like today.

No comments: