We have a fruit tree in our front yard that we've determined produces tiny plums. We originally thought they were cherries so now The Lime calls them plum cherries. The suckers are covering our front lawn so we try to avoid walking on it if we can. When The Lime and I were packing the car last Friday, I rolled the luggage over the edge of the lawn, lifted the bag into the car, looked down and saw my only worn once pair of pants had two huge red stains from the plum cherries. I was SO mad! I didn't have time to wash the pants so I dabbed a cotton ball of hydrogen peroxide on the stains and laid the pants out. When we left, the stains were staring me down and I had little hope the pants would be wearable again.

The second we got home on Sunday, I ran to the laundry room and had to search for the stains! That magic cotton ball worked miracles! After I brought the pants to the light, I could still see a faint stain so I mixed hydrogen peroxide and dish soap, brushed the stains with an old tooth brush, let them dry overnight and then ran them through the wash. I pulled them out and they were completely stain free! Hallelujah! Such a relief!

Now I need to work the magic on my new shoes that got a stain.

No comments:
Post a Comment