Wednesday, June 19, 2013

I [Had] a Dream

I've been known to have a few crazy dreams in my lifetime.  Okay, a few is an understatement.  I have crazy dreams ALL the time.  And last night was no exception.

A few days ago (in real life), I e-mailed the Oakland A's to see if there was any chance they'd be willing to donate to the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer (if you want to donate, my little button is in the upper right hand corner).  My dad has always said, "The worst thing someone can say is, 'No' so you might as well ask."  I have to remind myself of that often, especially when fundraising.

Then I had my dream.  When I get a donation, I get an e-mail letting me know and it's almost like Christmas when I see that e-mail in my mailbox.  So I received an e-mail and I logged onto the website to see who it was from.  To my surprise, it was from the Oakland Athletics and their donation amount was $10,000.00!  I had to do several double takes of the screen to make sure my eyes were seeing it correctly.  All I could think about was, "This is over five times what I needed!"  Then my sister chimed in and said, "It's not real, Kimberly.  You're having a dream."

When I woke up this morning, I quickly checked my e-mail and there was no donation notification.  Whomp Whomp Whomp!

I can't help but think about how many lives and families would benefit from such a donation.


Cinderella said it best, "If you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true."  One can hope!


Last year's total earned in San Francisco...Woot woot!

No comments: