Sunday, June 9, 2013

Rodeo Parade

The Lime had a dental appointment on Thursday and since we've decided to still go to the office where I worked, and we didn't want to drive down and back in one day, we made a weekend out of it.

While at the office, my co-worker reminded me it was rodeo weekend.  Perfect!  We had plans to stay until Saturday which meant we'd be able to enjoy the parade.  And since The Lime doesn't go anywhere without his cowboy hat (and only wants to wear jeans even if it's blazing hot), he was all set!

We stopped by LaVor's parents' house and drove to the parade together, where we met up with Great Grams and Papa.  They've been out of town for over a month and it was the sweetest thing to see how excited they were to see The Lime, especially Papa.

One of the wards always sells snow cones at the parade and so we set up shop right next to their command post.  Great Papa bought The Lime a blue one and since he was drinking the syrup faster than eating the ice, he needed two additional syrup re-fills.  Nobody can say "no" to a little cowboy or a sweet old man.


The Lime spent the entire time on Great Papa's lap.  They waved and clapped and pointed and cheered as each participant walked by.


All of a sudden we noticed the sky get extremely smoky and brown but we couldn't smell anything.  Before we knew it, the entire downtown was filled with smoke and you could certainly smell the grass fire.  Ironically enough, the worst of it was when the Las Positas Fire Academy was marching by.



This was The Lime's favorite part.  I really hope he becomes a firefighter when he's older just because right now, he loves anything fire SO much.  When we first moved and I had to change my address with everything, I would spell out our last name and when I got to B, I would say, "B as in boy."  He would say, in an annoyed voice, "I'm not a boy, I'm a fireman!"


We tried to leave on several occasions but then The Lime would poke his head out and see who was coming next.  We stayed long enough to see the dancing horses and then avoid stepping in their poop on the way back to the car.

Growing up, we didn't have parades in the city I grew up in and although I don't feel like I missed out, I am glad The Lime gets to enjoy them.  Can't wait for the 4th of July parade in our new stomping grounds!

No comments: