Monday, June 17, 2013

"Play with me, Mama!"

Before I had to make dinner tonight, The Lime and I got a good chunk of playtime in.  Actually, he played while I documented it.  But I did jump in here and there to help build the fire station and to add some sound effects.
Every boy needs at least one Tonka truck

We never did come up with a name for this guy

I asked him who he thought was cute and when he said, "Jordan!" he was all smiles.
 



Google made this all on its own...who's spying on me?



Driving his trucks off "the cliff"

100% focused on putting the hose in the fireman's hand

Not even half of his cars/trucks

Such a silly kid!

Interesting face



Kissy face

Puppy face

Rescuing the dog from the burning building

You're probably wondering a few things...

His hand is bandaged because I'm an idiot.  LaVor has a mug that he always keeps in the freezer and he put some water in it, which we think expanded and ended up cracking the glass.  I went outside to throw it in the recycling bin and The Lime came running after me, begging me not to throw it away.  I thought if he physically threw it away, it would be less traumatic.  He grabbed the handle, which wasn't cracked, but wasn't quite tall enough to place it in the bin.  When I went to grab it from him, rather than just letting go, he slid his hand down the mug, thus slicing his hand.  I'd like to keep the tradition going and win Mother of the Year 2014, as well.

Second, I think I've mentioned it before but I'll say it again, just so people don't think we're bums.  The Lime's favorite shirt is this blue "big monster truck" one that he wears every day.  In fact, I had to hunt down a second one just in case something happened to the original.  He does wear other blue shirts but they happened to be dirty today.  And for the record, he has a drawer full of darling clothes that he refuses to wear.

Third, I need to start doing his hair.  Yikes!

No comments: