I don't decorate for holidays except for Halloween and Christmas. Mostly because, while it's fun to have a decorated house, it's a pain in the butt to re-decorate every month. But I didn't want to not have anything for Valentine's Day. So one afternoon, while The Lime was taking his nap, I went to work cutting hearts out of scrapbook paper and writing things down I loved about LaVor and The Lime.
I love notes and I think it stems from always getting notes from my mom. Whether it was in my lunch or one left on the kitchen island or kitchen floor, she was always writing notes. It's just a fun reminder that someone was thinking of you. I've even saved several notes that friends and I would write to each other during class, despite Mr. Roman's disapproval.
The Lime and LaVor are constantly roughhousing, especially before bedtime which results in a hyper child that falls into a coughing fit.
The Lime is so anxious for Doodlebug to arrive. He asks me constantly when he's going to be here or what he's doing at certain moments of the day.
A few weeks ago, I went in the backyard to get some firewood and noticed some animal droppings. Blech! As soon as LaVor got home, he moved the wood to the center of the yard so it wasn't as close to the house, and then cleaned/disinfected the patio, all while it was raining. What a guy!
Even though he likes to tease us, I know The Lime really loves the A's and can't wait for baseball to start up again.
Every morning, for as long as we've been married, LaVor and I always kiss each other goodbye in the morning. Which says something because I'm a mess and my breath is usually hummin', but he doesn't let that stop him.
These are just a few of the notes that are written. I'm tempted to leave them up or possibly change them to clovers and write down why we're so lucky. Who knows. I just love passing them and reading them often.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment