Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Mango

I've got to admit, when I hear the word mango, my mind instantly turns to...


I haven't watched SNL in years so I don't know if it's as good as it once was.  But boy, there are some classic episodes.

Anyway, The Lime and I were at Costco last week to buy some fruit and the flat of mangoes was calling my name.  The smell alone was worth buying them but the taste has been an added bonus.

I've included them in smoothies, fruit salad, froze a whole bunch because I was afraid I couldn't eat all 9 before they went bad, and then I decided to make a mango salsa to accompany our enchiladas the other night.  Unfortunately (?), LaVor doesn't like fruit in his salsa so I had to eat it by myself.


Holy macrol...it was delicious.  I didn't mind the sweetness at all and enjoyed it even more today with my chicken nachos and sour cream.  The combination of textures and flavors was fabulous.  LaVor doesn't know what he's missing.  And it's so simple!  Mango, cilantro, onion, a dash of lime juice and salt. 

Thank goodness for the onions or I would have devoured the whole bowl in one sitting. 

No comments: