I figure since I'm entering my third trimester, it might be time to announce we're having a baby. Another boy, in fact, which we are so excited about, including The Lime. The middle of May is going to be here before we know it!
Over these six and a half months, I've come to realize I am not your average pregnant woman. These are the reasons why...
- I am not one to shout it from the rooftops that I'm pregnant. We didn't tell family until I was 16 weeks. I hid it from everyone at church until I was 22 weeks. Although we were thrilled, it was something both LaVor and I agreed didn't need to be public knowledge from day one.
- I do not have a pregnancy "glow". In fact, it seems to be the opposite. When I was pregnant with The Lime, I broke out on my neck during my second trimester. This time around, I started breaking out from the very beginning. And this time, it's everywhere. Unfortunately, I resemble a crack phene more than anything else. Applying make-up everyday is annoying but a necessity.
- I don't get cravings. My visiting teachers asked me a few weeks ago what I've been craving and I had nothin'.
- I had my glucose test today and chugged the bottle in less than the five minutes they gave me. I do not understand how this is the worst thing about pregnancy for some women. What's my biggest complaint? Drinking the 32 ounces of water before the ultrasound. I'd drink 20 bottles of the orange stuff before choosing to do another ultrasound. I think The Lime was a little jealous that I got an orange beverage and he didn't. I should have brought his can of Fanta.
- I don't do nurserys. The baby doesn't care and won't know whether their bedding matches the decor on the walls or not. I see these nurserys on Pinterest and they make me cringe. Do people really put that much money and effort into a baby's room? Yikes!
- While it might be interesting to compare this pregnancy from The Lime's, I'm not big on the weekly maternity photos. I know I'm getting bigger, I don't need hard copies for people to see for generations to come.
- I enjoyed a lovely plate of cheese, crackers, and salami for lunch yesterday. I've eaten numerous hot dogs and had a cold turkey sandwich a week after I found out I was pregnant. I don't follow the "foods to avoid while pregnant" list too closely.
I do have to sleep with a pillow between my legs, I have to go to the bathroom all the time, my belly button has popped out, and I've been a little emotional.
At least I have a few things in common with other pregnant ladies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment