Friday, February 21, 2014

Spring is in the Air

The Lime and I were in the backyard today while he was pretending to mow the lawn. I noticed some action in the rosemary bush and ran inside to get my camera. There were two bees hopping from flower to flower, gathering nectar and pollen (imagine what rosemary honey would taste like...yum!).




I think the "click" from the camera started getting to them because they soon began buzzing around me.

So we went to the front yard and I looked up at our plum cherry tree and saw pink blossoms everywhere (which makes me somewhat happy, especially since the daffodils are now dead).



Nature is telling me Spring is near (even though we're still a month away) but baseball is a sure sign the season is changing.

LaVor brought a batting tee home yesterday and we've already put it to good use. The Lime and I were at the baseball field for an hour and a half today, hitting ball after ball. I much prefer this method rather than me pitching the balls. 1) I don't pitch very well and 2) I don't have to worry about The Lime hitting the ball square into my belly (which has happened). I get plenty of exercise chasing after the balls.

When we practice at home, we have to use the "soft" balls so we don't break anything. You can also tell I was the one supervising this practice because the tee was way too high. LaVor wouldn't let that fly. But The Lime initiated the switch hitting by himself and that would have made LaVor proud.


No comments: