Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter Sunday

I'm in charge of Sharing Time this month and made some last minute notes to my original plans on Saturday night.  I originally started out just listening to the scriptures and that turned into watching The Lamb of God which turned into watching the Bible videos on the church's website.  I love these videos because I can read the scriptures all day long and very few things will sink in, but if I can see what's taking place, it makes much more of an impact.

We woke up Sunday morning and The Lime found his basket with a few candies, a new toothbrush, and a snorkeling mask.  He actually volunteered to get in the bath yesterday so he could use his new mask (it was hilarious to see him use it).  We got ready for church and had enough time to spare to take a few family pictures, since it's been over a year.



We went to church and came home long enough to finish up some things before heading back out to LaVor's aunt's house where we enjoyed a great Easter dinner. LaVor's grandparents were in town and The Lime had never met them so we were anxious for this special event. There were lots of cousins to play with before dinner and it didn't take him long to start playing baseball. Good thing we keep all of his equipment in the back of the car, just in case.



The sister missionaries shared an Easter message before dinner and then we dug in. Not long after we ate, all the kids went in the front yard while the parents hid the eggs for the hunt. LaVor went all out and color coordinated his eggs with their hiding places. The Lime was on a mission and filled his basket up in a matter of minutes.



We stuck around for a little bit longer, took some more family photos, said our goodbyes, and called it a night.



It was a special day, spent with family, and remembering that because of our Savior's sacrifice for us, we get to be with our families forever. We also don't have to go at this crazy thing called life alone. He's experienced everything we've been through, are going through, or will have to go through. I know he lives and loves me.

No comments: