I can't believe it's been almost 7 months and I still haven't shared my amazing gift that I got for Christmas.
My mom enjoys making the gifts that she gives for Christmas so I put in a special request about a year ago. Since I have zero sewing skills, I asked if she would make me a t-shirt quilt out of all the t-shirts I've warn/received from the breast cancer walks. She kindly agreed.
It turned out PERFECT and I sleep with it every night. It came in especially handy this last weekend, when all I could think about was how I was missing out on the Avon Walk. It made me so sad!
I checked Twitter and Instagram all weekend, looking at photos and reminiscing about what a great experience it is. I decided that unless I'm in a situation where it would be nearly impossible to do, I want to continue participating in the walk each year. I even think I'll do a different city next year, just for kicks.
My quilt represents the first 6 walks that I did and now I'm looking forward to gathering another 6 years worth of shirts to contribute to another one.
As long as there's a fight to fight, I'll be walking.
Wednesday, July 16, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment