Tuesday, July 8, 2014

The Blessing

When we found out a majority of LaVor's family would be in town the weekend of July 4, we decided that would be the perfect time to bless Doodlebug.  Unfortunately, my parents had to head back home the weekend before, since they had been here for two months, and one of my sisters got sick and ended up not being able to make it.  Thankfully, my other sister and her family were able to join us which really warmed my heart and meant a lot to me.

Doodlebug is growing faster than I can comprehend and I was worried his blessing outfit wouldn't fit.  Not to mention, there were two mysterious stains on the front of it that I couldn't get out.  After the final washing, I took it out of the washing machine and noticed a large tear right smack dab in the middle of the stomach area.  I almost tossed in the towel but gathered myself and tried to make the best of the situation.  And in reality, a stain or tear meant nothing in comparison to the Spirit that was felt.

My sister had to leave right after the blessing so we took some pictures together beforehand.

These two have way too much fun together.  Can't wait to see what they're like when they're teenagers!

Love this bunch!
It was a hoot to hear so many people in the ward say, "You had a baby?! I didn't even know you were pregnant!" Obviously, folks! We don't live there anymore. But then again, we came to visit a couple times while I was pregnant and I felt like a whale, so I don't know how they couldn't tell. Nevertheless, they welcomed us back with open arms and it felt good to be there.

LaVor offered another wonderful blessing, with the help of lots of friends and family. We really are so fortunate to have so many people love our little boys as much as we do.

Most of the group headed home after church but the grandparents stuck around for some pictures. They were all great sports and let me take as many as I wanted.

Great grandfathers

Four generations

The ladies

Best friends that fool people into thinking they're brothers

It was a special day celebrating our sweet addition and basking in the joy that he's brought to our family in the 7 short weeks he's been here.

No comments: