I've been trying to find cheap/free things for us to do during the day and found out Raley Field would be hosting another Mommy & Me Day (we missed the last one). They were going to have free snacks, games, bouncy houses, balls to play catch, and other activities for small children.
We got there in plenty of time, got our free reusable bags filled with licorice ropes, Cheetos, and sunflower seeds. I snagged a free chocolate milk and The Lime chugged an orange flavored drink. We had to wait on the concourse until 10:00, when they let everyone onto the field.
While we were waiting, I noticed the infield was roped off. I had to break the bad news to The Lime that he wouldn't be able to run the bases like he had hoped.
Before we knew it, they were opening the gates and the festivities were ready to begin. Our first stop was in the River Cats' dugout.
We then headed to an inflatable bouncy slide. The Lime climbed the rope ladder to the top and froze. I think he might be afraid of heights. He was blocking the way for the other kids trying to slide down, and I had Doodlebug strapped to me, so all I could do was try and convince him he'd be fine. Then the tears started flowing and I was in a real pickle. Thankfully, when he saw a girl younger than him slide down, he did too. But he hated the two seconds it took him to get to the bottom and wasn't willing to play on/with anything else. So after 20 minutes, we were on our way back home. Such a disappointment, especially since it took us longer than that to drive there.
Oh well, it was free and broke up the morning a little bit. And I know for future reference to avoid heights if I'm not able to be up there with him.
Lesson learned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment