It seems like with Doodlebug, every week brings something new and exciting that he's discovered. He's mastered the art of fake coughing and does it all.the.dang.time.
The Lime, on the other hand, is always learning but his milestones aren't as frequent. Except for last night.
I was making dinner and he said he was going to head outside to play for a bit. He rode his scooter up and down the street, pretending to go 40 mph. After a while, he poked his head in the door and yelled, "Mom! Can I go play baseball with the boys down the street?" I told him sure and when he shut the door, I started to cry.
Yes, I stood in my kitchen, shredding chicken, crying.
I love that we live in such a great neighborhood where everyone watches out for one another and where The Lime has friends to play with. But knowing that this is just the beginning of him being a real big kid (playing outside with friends, going to school, playing on teams, etc) is hard. I know it's going to happen, I'm just not ready!
But can I just say how happy it made me that he came and asked first? Such a sweet, sometimes obedient, boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment