Saturday, September 22, 2012

A Place of Love and Beauty

Our normal routine on Thursdays is to roam around Target. It gives us something to do, the kids like to look at the toys, and I make a fool out of myself as I try to steer those darn carts with the additional two seats. But payday isn't until next week and I figured I needed gas more than I did a new top. So we drove to the Temple and enjoyed the grounds.


As we pulled into the parking lot, my niece said, "We're going to go on the steps and see Jesus. I love Jesus. I give him hugs and kisses." It was too cute.


While playing tag around the fountain, the garbage man drove by. Without any inclination from us, he slowed down and waved as the kids squealed with delight. "Two garbage trucks!" they yelled. We saw one when we were leaving my sister's house.


We took the steps up to the terrace, which we got all to ourselves (not many visitors walking the grounds on a Thursday morning at 10:00). The kids found the big lights but thought they were huge microphones. A few songs were sung into them.


My niece was more willing to let me take pictures of her, than The Lime was. Each time I said, "Say cheese!" she would do a cute little pose.


Finally The Lime cooperated long enough that I got two good shots. I think this one is work desk worthy.


Last was a visit to the Visitor's Center, so we could see Jesus. The sister missionaries let us listen to the recording and the kids just sat there and took it all in. I wondered if there was even the tiniest recollection of things that happened before they came to earth, since they were being so reverent. The sisters offered to show us a video but lunch time was around the corner and I didn't know how long the reverence would last.


It didn't last long. We went to the back of the center and The Lime was trying to climb into the displays they had, which was the perfect indication that it was time to head back home.


But we'll be back.

2 comments:

SarahSunshine said...

I love taking Emma to the temple. She likes to "hear Jesus talk" too! :) I also know EXACTLY what exhibit Dieter tried to climb...

Sarah said...

Kim- It seems like every memory I have of sitting in front of that beautiful statue at the Visitor's Center it was a mutual trip with you! Love the temple photos, and the LIME is too cute.