Tuesday, January 26, 2016

100 Days

Today is The Lime's 100th day of school! (We have four more months until I get him all to myself! Woo hoo!)

Like I think most kindergarteners do, he had to bring in a collection of 100 things. We walked around Target and I threw out every idea I saw; stickers, straws, balloons, candy, post-its. He turned down every suggestion I had.

He got a couple cards for his birthday and decided that's what he wanted to include in his project; 100 greeting cards.

Saturday night, I cut out 100 miniature greeting cards out of scrapbook paper and wrote various messages on them. I drew a chart on his poster board so he'd know where to glue each card. As LaVor and I prepared dinner Sunday night, we asked The Lime to finish his project (simply gluing the cards on the board). It took him about five minutes before he exclaimed how hard and boring it was and he needed help. "Dude! I did the hard part! All you have to do is glue them on!" I said. He fought with us for the next two hours about finishing. Finally, he did it and I realized we have our work cut out for us for the next twelve years.



I'm going to guess his teacher hasn't received a collection of greeting cards, so even though it was like pulling teeth for him to finish his work, I'm glad he's able to think outside of the box and be creative.

No comments: