Monday, January 4, 2016

New Year, New Park

We were still trying to get over our colds when the new year rang in. But after being cooped up in the house all of Wednesday, we needed to get out for a little bit on Thursday and rejuvenate our bodies (and hopefully not share too many germs).

I came across a local park that we had never been to before but was right up our alley.  It's a huge big-rig looking structure!


There were three different slides, the front end reminded The Lime of the gates that contain bulls, and a small rock climbing wall. Enough to keep all four of us entertained for a good hour.



Doodlebug and I started going down the slides together but it didn't take him long to want to ride solo. That boy has no fear.


We started off with the smaller one and worked our way up. Even I was nervous to go down one of them but it didn't phase him at all.




The Lime ran wild, pretending to be a cowboy and a surfer, and wanting to help Doodlebug as much as he'd allow.



It wasn't until we were getting ready to leave that I saw the playground was intended for 5-12 year olds. Oh, well. Doodlebug is just a little advanced.

We look forward to spending more time searching out new things and adventures in the upcoming year!

No comments: