It started out with my sister calling me Poopoo (flattering, isn't it?) then it got cut to Popo, which eventually turned into Popie. Even the neighbor kids call me Popie.
LaVor isn't so sure about the nickname thing. He calls me Kimberly and every now and then Sweetheart. He's now known as Daddy most of the time, occasionally Sweetheart and sometimes LaVor. If he really wants to rile me up, though, he calls me Baby.
Just writing it makes my skin crawl.
I HATE when "baby" is used as a term of endearment. It just sounds trashy and sleazy and I don't know why. I'll take Snookums or Sweet Cheeks over Baby any day.
I will make one exception to the word. One of my favorite movies is "Walk the Line" and one of my favorite lines can be seen at 1:19 in the following clip.
That's the only time "Baby" will fly.
No comments:
Post a Comment