I suppose I should document The Lime's birthday festivities, considering the month is over tomorrow.
Because of the huge amount of guilt I felt last year, having to work on The Lime's birthday, I took this year off.
We started the day off with the hopes of The Lime running through his doorway covered with streamers. Except when he opened the door, he said, "What's this?!" and was extremely confused. Once I showed him what to do, he thought it was cool. But we might try something with balloons for next year.
I bought a Living Social deal for Fairyland back in September. LaVor wasn't too thrilled to go so I decided to take The Lime, along with my parents. When we arrived, The Lime asked where Disneyland was. Whoops!
We got our key and began exploring. It's definitely old and some of the speakers didn't work, but then we found a hill and that's when the fun began.
They had large pieces of cardboard that you could slide down the hill on. The Lime had a blast and I got a workout climbing up and down, up and down.
We watched a puppet show of "Goldilocks" and then headed over to the pirate ship. Some little boy kept saying, "Cowboys can't ride pirate ships!" The Lime was oblivious to it but it made me sad. I hate seeing people, especially my kid, get picked on.
We overheard some parents talk about a train, so we were on the hunt. To my surprise, it was a tiny one, with only four cars, and the line was long. But The Lime wanted to ride it, so we patiently waited. Unfortunately, someone beat us to the blue car and we got stuck with the yellow one. He wasn't thrilled, obviously.
Then we saw the carousel and had to make another stop. Parents aren't allowed inside of the gates at the carousel but the lady that was in charge was so extremely nice and The Lime had a blast.
Weeks prior to his birthday, I asked The Lime what he wanted to do for his birthday and all he'd talk about was going to the McDonald's playground. Lunch was spoken for and we went to the one near my sister's so she and my niece could join us.
The rest of his day was spent taking a nap and then going grocery shopping. We like to party hard around these parts.
But we had to save our energy for the real party that we had the next night.
The Lime had never been bowling but decided on that for his party, with a pizza dinner to follow. He had a blast and I think everyone else did too. Minus his meltdown when we left, I'd say it was a success.
There's something about our family and having beer-like bottles at our festivities.
Most people assume that because I make cakes, that my kid has ornate birthday cakes. Unfortunately, The Lime has gotten the short end of the stick and even ended up with a store bought ice cream cake last year. So this year, I decided to make it special. I showed him several pictures of what we could do, offered several different flavor ideas. While at the grocery store, he was attracted to the Funfetti box (because it was blue), so that's what I did. I have no shame in taking the easy way out and making a box cake. Especially since I was driving myself mad getting everything else ready. So a blue, Cars, Funfetti cake is what he got.
He opened gifts, the kids played, adults talked, and everyone had fun.
Happy birthday, dude!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















No comments:
Post a Comment