The rest of my day was spent in bed, sleeping in my dark room. As the day went on, into the night, I could hear my siblings getting ready for their various dances or parties.
While my parents watched the festivities in the family room, unbeknownst to my sister (who hates vomit), I hunkered down in her bed and watched Dick Clark on her new t.v. in her room.
That was probably the worst New Year's Eve I've encountered thus far.
Which brings us to last night, which was one of the best.
We spent a majority of the night at LaVor's parents', where we ate Chinese food, played round after round of Golf and then Wizard, munched on popcorn and red vines, and The Lime got hyped up on tart sparkling juice, Oreos, and fruit loops.
Before it got too late, we went outside and lit the 8 boxes of sparklers we had from our wedding (6 years ago). The Lime was hesitant at first, had fun, and then got smoke in his eyes and called it quits. The paranoid person I am, I was convinced one of the anal neighbors would call the cops but we were fine.
After a couple more games, and episode after episode of Caillou, we went back home to ring in the actual New Year. Before heading out to watch the fireworks on t.v., we all snuggled on our bed while LaVor and I asked The Lime what all of his favorites were. We did that for about 15 minutes and I enjoyed every second of it. He's getting so big and smart and I can't quite grasp how quickly time is passing me by. I want to just bottle him up and keep him little forever. I also notice I get emotional at the end of the year, each year, because it means his birthday is just right around the corner and I (selfishly) don't look forward to it.
We watched the fireworks show in San Francisco and caught glimpses of the ones in Seattle and Las Vegas. The darn thing went on for a good 15 minutes and then it was time for the little dude to hit the sack.
2012 has been kind to us and we look forward to what 2013 will bring.
No comments:
Post a Comment